Instructors are expected to:
- Organize a coherent lesson plan suitable in scope and clarity for a 10-lecture weekly course.
- Record 10 audio lectures with visual aids (e.g. slides + narration or video) on a weekly basis.
- Upload these to our courseware system (an account will be provided for this purpose).
- Answer all student inquiries which are relevant to the subject matter.
- Grade any assignments and examinations which are given and to otherwise provide students with feedback on their performance.
The hiring process vets instructors for:
- The ability to inspire and motivate students to learn the course subject and to become better people.
- Knowledge of both the subject they are teaching and the overall connections that knowledge has to other disciplines.
- The ability to formulate and communicate ideas clearly.
- The motivation and organization to devise a coherent lesson plan which produces measurable learning outcomes.