Last updated: Tuesday, 01-Jan-2013 11:06:37 EST
Starting a university is a lengthy process. Here's where we are and where we're headed:
- Website up: December 2007.
- Incorporated: March 2008.
- IRS 501(c)(3) charity recognition: September 2008.
- Recruited first co-founder: January 2008.
- Recruited full initial founding team: March 2008.
- First $1000 of donations: March 2009.
- First course: April 2009.
- First in-person topic-unit: June 2009.
- Design “knowledge web” and identify first course clusters: November 2009.
- Create formal curricular plan: August 2010.
- Write up curricular and sequence charts: Fall 2010.
- Secure Google Grant: Spring 2011.
- Integrate open educational resources into curriculum: Fall 2011.
- Reach out to veteran entrepreneurs and advisors: December 2011.
Funding and Facilities:
- Secure preliminary classroom space (in Cleveland): January 2012.
- First partnership: January - June 2012.
- Prepare for investment: July - August 2012.
- Begin seeking investment: September 2012.
- Secure investment: Q2 2013.
Degree Program Implementation:
- Refine curricular charts to meet North Central accreditation requirements: Fall 2012.
- Ramp up course offerings, hire first permanent faculty: Q1-Q2 2013.
- Get one full department up and running: Q1-Q4 2014.
- Build core curriculum: 2014 - 2015.
- Partner with an accredited school to fill initial holes in the core: 2015.
- Submit degree program for accreditation: Q3 2014 - Q3 2015.
First class year: 2015
- Begin recruiting ~50 students with similar concentrations for the pilot class year: 2013 - 2015.
- Fall 2015: Welcome first matriculating class.
- Outcomes assessment for first four class years: 2015 - 2019.
- Develop research program, pursue grants: 2017.
- Build two additional academic departments: Q2 2015 - Q3 2016.
- Second class (~100 students): Fall 2016.
- Begin developing non-academic services: 2018.